By setting up “My Account” access through CRA, you will be able to track the following:
- View the status of your tax return
- Track your refund
- Setup direct deposit for your refund
- RRSP deduction limit
- TFSA contribution room
- View Notice of Assessment or Reassessment
- View Universal Child Care Benefit and Canada Child Tax Benefit information
- Receive online mail
- Update your address and phone numbers
Setting up My Account access is easy. Start by visiting http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/myaccount/. You can sign in using your CRA login information or through a Sign-In Partner (online banking).
In addition to online access on your computer, there’s also an “app” for that MyCRA
It’s as simple as that!
PS – Canada Revenue Agency is working to phase out the process of physically mailing out refund cheques and all tax refunds will need to be sent via Direct Deposit.